In article <20190525183556.horde.zvg1bnsybvs_enkzpkjl...@webmail.aegee.org> you
write:
>Consider this scenario: an email from a domain, with DMARC policy
>“p=reject; ruf=postmaster@domain” fails validation.  A
>message-specific report is sent to postmaster@domain.  The report is
>bounced (or there is any reply on it) and the reply is again From:
>that domain and does not validate DMARC.  In turn a new
>message-specific report is sent and this loop ends, when some disk
>gets full.  With FROM:<> or NOTIFY=NEVER there would be no such loop.

The trickle of failure reports I get are from addresses like these:

forensicdm...@seznam.cz
mailn...@segv.crash.com
dmarc-nore...@linkedin.com
opendm...@hamartun.priv.no
prvs=1020be0dc4=nore...@manthorp.com

I would expect that any mail sent to those addresses is unlikely to
provoke a failure report, no matter how mangled it is when it arrives.

We've had failure reports for almost seven years and I don't ever
recall someone getting into a mail loop so it's not a problem in
practice.