On 6/1/2019 10:13 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 10:55 AM Dilyan Palauzov <dilyan.palau...@aegee.org <mailto:dilyan.palau...@aegee.org>> wrote:

    Shall I submit an erratum to RFC7489?

I would, yes.  And this should certainly be recorded as something we need to fix for standards track DMARC, whether by chasing down RFC7489 errata or via a dedicated issue in this WG's tracker.

Hmmm...

The formal rule for errata in the RFC system is rather constrained: Only errors that mis-specify what was intended are permitted.

So, errors in thinking or failures to provide for cases don't count as errata.

What this means is that there is no standard way to record the need for better-performing capabilities or addition of new capabilities or the like.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking