Agree with John/Scott/Kurt on keeping this in 7489 and trying to weasel
word around it for now.

I tried to reference 8499 thinking we'd done the right thing in there, and
Kurt pointed
out the error of my ways.

We should take an item to really sort this out in 7489bis.

and John has heard me on several occasions appreciating the simplicity in
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-levine-dbound-dns-03.txt

tim