Pete;you have not explained how my inbox filter recignizes a legitimate
forward of a legitimate message instead of an illegitimate forward or a
fraudulently manufactured Received-header sequence.

We only have this problem
with lists that alter the original to destroy DKIM validity.   When this is
done, the list becomes the author snd the headers should reflect as much.

The referenced spam analysis article notes that infequently seen message
sources are high probability spam.   If the list postings are from many
individuals instead of one IETF address, the likelihood of blocked posts is
significant.  Thus should ne a concern whether DJIM is preserved or not.

On Jun 19, 2020 12:46 PM, Pete Resnick <resn...@episteme.net> wrote:On 19
Jun 2020, at 11:40, Pete Resnick wrote:

> The presumption of all Mediator-type transactions was that the
> receiving email client was to deal with the message (the thing with
> the identical Message-ID) with its original semantics, adding only
> Resent-*: or List-*: fields to add the semantic of the mediation
> event.

That sentence got munged due to cuts and pastes that didn't all add up.
It should read:

"The presumption of all Mediator-type transactions was that the
receiving email client was to deal with the message (the thing with the
identical Message-ID) with its original semantics, with the sender

--
Pete Resnick https://www.episteme.net/
All connections to the world are tenuous at best