On 8/13/2020 2:38 PM, Kurt Andersen (b) wrote:
Passing DMARC is not a be-all-end-all. That's what local policy is for. I fail to see why local policy would not solve your problem (as described).

We tend to use the term 'local policy' to refer to exceptional behavior.

(I'm not suggesting you were, but am using your reference to it as an excuse to make this small rant.)

Receiving filtering engines do whatever they want.  Always. Always have.  No outside agency or actor or standard affects that fact at all.

Rather, outside agencies, actors, and standards merely provide input to that filtering engine.

"Local policy" is always and entirely in charge of what happens locally.  Everything else is subservient.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking