Since we are designing a system that allows a mediator to alter Subject and
Body, it should be no surprise that the conditional signature has the potential
for re-use.   A well behaved mediator must be assumed before any such trust
delegation is granted.I see no way to ensure that the conditional signature is
single-use. As long as all of the signature's hashed cntent can be replicated
onto another message, the signature can be reused.The more important question
is whether conditional signature could be subject to third-party attacks.  Does
the limited and predictable content of a conditional signature intcrease the
risk that a bad guy could use guess-and-test to construct a valid  signature
block for someone else?  DKIM uses the body content in two different hash
calculations.  This severely limits the ability of an attacker to find and
exploit a hash collision.   The conditional  signatures seem unlikely to have
that strength.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone<div>
--------</div><div>From: Jim Fenton <fen...@bluepopcorn.net> </div><div>Date:
8/29/20  7:11 PM  (GMT-05:00) </div><div>To: fost...@bayviewphysicians.com,
dmarc@ietf.org </div><div>Subject: Re: [dmarc-ietf] third party authorization,
not, was non-mailing list </div><div>
> To elaborate on my question and Michael Hammer's answer:
>
> To be unique, a signature needs a unique dataset from which the hash
> is computed.   The weak signature will not be unique because it will
> be computed on non-random content such as From, To, and Date.

Unique != random. A time stamp (with enough precision) might be unique,
even though it is not random. For that matter, DKIM signatures don't
include any random values either.

But what I was getting at is that the "weak" signature might not have to
be any different from any other DKIM signature (except possibly to
specify the authorized mediator). It's just that a verifier might fully
verify the mediator's signature, and verify the original signature but
not check to see if the body hash matches.

The one problem is that some mediators add things like [dmarc-ietf] to
the subject line, and that's usually signed.

-Jim