On Thu 12/Nov/2020 10:40:17 +0100 Alessandro Vesely wrote:
On Wed 11/Nov/2020 18:38:41 +0100 Dave Crocker wrote:
On 11/11/2020 8:58 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
The proposal is, I think, to change the main document to leave a pointer, and the pointer can be changed much more easily than the actual method.  So the new DMARC document would say: "Determine the Organizational Domain.  The legacy way to do this can be found in [other-RFC], but other better methods are anticipated."

wfm.

+1,  Perhaps we could say "Organizational Domain or a domain thence delegated" rather than anticipating unspecified methods.  I think DMARC will require the (implied) consent of the interested domain for the foreseeable future.

Oops, s/interested/concerned/