In article <f1c434bf-e42f-6b70-0916-29c78280c...@mtcc.com> you write:
>> I dunno how special that case is, but there are lots of cases where mail
>> passes
>> through multiple layers of ARC signing mutations.
>>
>> I routinely get mail from Microsoft's farm with an ARC seal or two
>> that has never been near a mailing list. Any time a MS user sends a
>> message to one of my lists, it'll emerge with at least two ARC
>> signatures.
>
>Getting multiple signatures from the originating domain doesn't hurt
>anything. It's a little wasteful, but that's it.

a) The point of ARC seals is that the cv=pass in seal N tells you that
the signature in seal N-1 was good when the message arrived, so you
can do your filtering based on the state of the message each time it
was modified. DKIM doesn't do that.

2) Last week someone was complaining about the expense of the
signatures in ARC seals, now multiple signatures don't hurt anything.
While I agree with the latter sentiment, what changed?

R's,
John