Michael, let it go.

If someone stops you to say "your zipper is down", you will not ask them
for proof of identity, you will excuse yourself and investigate the
problem.   By my reckoning, DMARC reports are a lot like that.

Source Alpha says, "Server X is sending unauthenticated mail for Domain
Y."   Several possbilities exist:
- You already distrust information coming from Source Alpha, so you reject
or discard the information.
- You already have enough data to investigate, so you ignore this report.
- You decide to investigate this report, which produces one of three
outcomes:
     - Server X has a problem, and you fix it.
     - Server X is not your server, so you confirm that it is not your
problem.
     - Source Alpha is wrong, so you add a rule to reject or discard future
reports from that source.

I do not see any reason for a DMARC report to flow indirectly, so I would
be suspicious of any reports that appeared to come that way.   This means
all I really need is an SPF PASS.

But I do not need positive identification of the source.