On Thu 11/Feb/2021 00:29:02 +0100 Dave Crocker wrote:
On 2/10/2021 3:24 PM, Douglas Foster wrote:
Huh?  Are you asserting that SPF MAILFROM and SPF HELO are interchangeable?  They are not, but they can work together.

They are not but they could be.

Perhaps I misread, but I thought I saw that this really is out of scope for this working group.

 2. Reviewing and improving the base DMARC specification

The working group will not develop additional mail authentication
technologies, but may document desirable uses of existing authentication
technologies.

Best