Hello folks,

In ticket #64 (https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dmarc/ticket/64), it was suggested
that a Privacy Considerations section may alleviate some concerns about the
ownership of the data.  I created an initial attempt, and thought to get some
feedback.  I didn't think we should go too far in depth, or raise corner cases.
 Felt like doing so could lead down a rabbit hole of trying to cover all cases.
This would go within a "Privacy Considerations" section.

* Data Contained Within Reports (#64)

Within the reports is contained an aggregated body of anonymized data pertaining
to the sending domain.  The data is meant to aid the report processors
and domain holders in verifying sources of messages pertaining to the
5322.From Domain.  The data should not contain any identifying
characteristics about individual senders or receivers.  An entity
sending reports should not be concerned with the data contained as
it should not contain PII (NIST reference for PII definition), such as email
addresses or
usernames.

Does this seem a reasonable start?  Thanks for your time.

--
Alex Brotman
Sr. Engineer, Anti-Abuse & Messaging Policy