On Fri 14/May/2021 20:21:59 +0200 Brotman, Alex wrote:
We "can avoid", but *must* we?  There are a number of tickets this impacts.

Yes.  Matt mentioned ticket #51 (added in the subject), for example.

That change might break consumers who meticulously check the values, but those who just report whatever values they found might be undamaged. In this case, I'd reckon that backward compatibility concerns would account for a rather minor hesitance against the change. I'd say 2 on a 0-10 scale.

Perhaps we should rate each ticket. Or we could produce some dummy reports with the new format and check how many parsers still work on them.

Best