Thank you for asking.

OK.,  I will use the term "email suffix" for the part of an email address
that follows the @ character,  and "DNS domain" for a name that appears in
DNS as a domain object.

An email suffix can legitimately be associated with an A/AAAA
resource record that is not a DNS domain.   For example, an alarm
monitoring system might send alarms using the server's host name as the
email suffix (e.g. ala...@monitore.xample.com).   MX and SPF can also be
configured for Monitor.Example.Com even though it is not a  DNS domain.
This is specifically authorized by RFC 5321.

A spoofed email address could use any email suffix, such as
nots...@trickedyou.example.com.   Our interest must extend beyond names
that are in DNS.

In my mailstream, most messages sent from mailing services use the mailing
service domain for the SMTP address.  This insures that the message
produces SPF PASS.  It also means that the FROM domain name has no
necessary dependence on any DNS entry.   It took me only one day to find
examples of this;,non-existent subdomains used on legitimate messages sent
by mailing services.  The FROM suffix correctly reflects the parent
organization, but the full email suffix does not appear in DNS.   This
situation means that we cannot distinguish between valid and invalid email
suffixes using DNS alone, we must require domain owner signalling.

How does a domain owner signal that @bounce.e.example.com is valid as a
FROM domain, even though the name is only used for mailing service
messages?    Under the current draft, the domain owner must associate the
name with an IP address using an MX, A, or SPF record, even though the name
has no legitimate connection to the chosen IP address.  I do not consider
this acceptable.   In the real world, I fear that implementing such a
requirement will have unexpected consequences, and network administrators
who share my fear will be reluctant to comply with our draft.

I focused on SP and NP because it is the SP or NP policy which provides
inheritance,  Inheritance has to be the primary way that we defend against
abuse of unused and non-existent email suffixes

You asked a lot of questions.   I think I should stop there and give you a
chance to respond before going further.

Doug Foster