It feels like folks would prefer that the subject be required to be of a
specific format to better enable duplicate report processing.  Do I understand
that correctly?

So that would be:

     If a report generator needs to re-send a report, the system
     MUST use the same filename as the original report.

And:

     The RFC5322.Subject field for individual report submissions
     MUST conform to the following ABNF:

And we need to add some language suggesting how to deal with duplicates report
transmission, if they happen.  Scott/Matt also pointed toward a few other areas
that could use with a bit of clarification.

--
Alex Brotman
Sr. Engineer, Anti-Abuse & Messaging Policy