Benny said:
"At present, I DKIM sign outgoing mail, but since p=none, the recipients
are unlikely to find the DKIM signatures particularly helpful."

On the contrary, it helps evaluators.   A well-authenticated message might
be eligible for whitelisting, and will never be blocked based on sender
authentication criteria.   An evaluator's options are not limited by the
sender's policy position.

Doug Foster

Details:

An incoming mail stream can be broken into these phases:

- In phase 1, the message source is evaluated.   "Source" is any
combination of identifiers that can be used to establish a reputation.
In this phase, known-bad sources are blocked.    A subset of known-good
sources are tracked for whitelisting (bypass most or all of the content
scanning), but this is only safe if the relevant identifiers are not
spoofed (i.e. authenticated).  Authentication for whitelisting has nothing
to do with the sender's p=policy, only with the ability to authenticate.
Using DKIM as well as SPF gives you greater opportunity to be in this
category, if the evaluator considers your messages to need whitelisting.

(Note that for the evaluator, sender authentication is not limited to SPF
and DMARC.   A trusted source IP, or a trusted and forward-confirmed host
name, can be sufficient for authentication.)

- In phase 2, messages that were not whitelisted are subjected to content
filtering.   Messages with objectionable content are blocked.
 Objectionable content often indicates an objectionable source, so the
content blocks are used to update the message source block rules.  False
positives are used to adjust content filtering rules or add to the source
whitelisting rules.

- In phase 3, sender authentication failures are considered, and may be
determinative.   Note that there at this point there are no known
objections to the message other than the sender authentication problem.
The evaluator wants to block malicious impersonation whether or not the
sender has a DMARC policy.   Similarly, the sender does not want to block
desired messages, and there are many reasons why a critically-important
message can fail sender authentication.   A sender authentication failure
becomes an opportunity to review.   A review could lead to several outcomes

- The message is unacceptable and the offending source needs to be
blocked.   A sender block rule is created in phase 1.

- The message is acceptable but does not require whitelisting.   A sender
authentication exception is created for this identifier set. for use in
phase 3.   Content filter rules may also be added in phase 2.

- Since the message passed content filtering, an acceptable message with
sender authentication failure is unlikely to identify the need for a new
whitelisting rule, but anything is possible.

When the volume of unathenticated messages becomes overwhelming, evaluators
are more likely to apply automatic (stupid) rules.   So it is in everyone's
interest to minimize the volume of unauthenticated messages.