For me, the appeal of a tree walk would be to eliminate the PSL.   But an
artificially constructed domain name could have more than 100 segments, so
walking the entire tree seems like an opportunity for denial of service
attacks.

If we walk up from the bottom and quit too soon, a phony but long name
could be used to evade the actual domain policy.

We could limit complexity by starting at the PSL or organization and
walking down a limited number of segments, but this approach preserves the
need for a PSL.

These objections would not apply to a solution like the one suggested in
ticket #59, where a name is checked for membership in a single
sub-organizational unit.  Eliminating the PSL was not an objective of
ticket 59.

Doug