It appears that Alessandro Vesely  <ves...@tana.it> said:
>Sure.  Note that if the receiver trusts the MLM, simply recognizing it would
>be
>enough to pass DMARC per the "mailing_list" policy override.  ARC additionally
>provides the ability to learn the authentication status of the message when it
>was received by the MLM.  That way, reputation can be reckoned with great
>precision.

If you trust the mailing list, you can just have a whitelist and
completely ignore DMARC. If only.

Someone else from Google told me that they know perfectly well where
all the mailing lists are but they cannot do that because many lists
leak spam when spammers steal address books and send spam with
a fake From: of a subscriber. ARC specifically addresses this
situation by letting the recipient do the filtering that the list
didn't, e.g., reject unaligned input messages.

R's,
John