That's true.  It's equally true that not every case of suggesting someone needs
to do additional research to understand the current state of things is such a
strategy.

In this case, at least as I understand it, the OP wants some kind of absolute,
guaranteed mechanism for indicating a domain is never legitimately used in
email and is complaining that the RFC 9091 definition for a non-existent domain
doesn't fulfill the criteria for that.

On this we agree.  It doesn't.  It was never intended to.  I don't understand
what you are doing, but I'm sure you are doing it wrong is not a particularly
good argumentative approach either.

I completely agree that "we've discussed that before, go read the archives" can
and is used to shut down discussion in the IETF, but that doesn't mean it's
always the wrong answer.

Scott K

Scott K