I started from the assumption that we would want to generalize NP into
organizations.   But after spending a lot of time on the subject for the
last 15 months, I am convinced that it is not needed.

Assume that a university or other organization wishes to use a "none"
policy to permit mailing lists and other legitimate impersonators.   The
best practice for this situation is to use domain-specific DMARC policies,
with p=none, for each domain that is used in a From address.  Then use
sp=reject (or quarantine) on the organization record.   This protects the
organization much better than NP ever could, and it eliminates any
arguments over the definition of non-existent.

On the one hand, I am arguing that the test is a waste of effort for the
evaluator, as the likelihood of finding a true positive is low while the
likelihood of false positives is high.   On the other hand, I am asserting
that it is a redundant and inferior for those organizations that do wish to
inhibit impersonation of non-mail and non-existent subdomains.

Doug