Seth is right here: Doug, your message doesn't comply with what I've
asked people to do, in two ways: it's asking for a change to something
we already have consensus on and it's not proposing specific text
changes.

That said, there are two mitigating factors.  For the latter, the
request is specific enough that I think there's enough detail to
discuss it.

For the former, the PSD= feature is new enough, and our participation
level has gotten low enough that it's difficult to say how strong the
consensus is on that point, and I think it's reasonable to have
another look.  I've discussed this with Seth since his message below,
and I'm allowing this issue to be opened for discussion, BUT...

...BUT let's keep the discussion focused and productive: I will cut it
off at some point, so it's important that everyone in the discussion
make their points clear and concise.

John has replied that this is incompatible.  Yes, but PSD= is also, at
some level, incompatible... though far less so.  So here's one thing
I'd like to see discussed:

- Doug, please clearly and concisely explain what benefit this has
over the current PSD= tag that makes the incompatibility with existing
implementations worth it.

- If you disagree with Doug's proposal, please clearly and concisely
explain why the benefit he is proposing is not useful enough to
introduce the incompatibility.

Barry