On Tue 28/Mar/2023 17:49:57 +0200 Scott Kitterman wrote:
I can live with it [the <discovery_method>] since it's optional (I
don't think it'll get a lot of traction), but I do think it's misplaced.  I
think it's metadata, not message data as it's about how the receiver processed
the message, not about anything that was found in the message.

Agreed, it should be in <report_metadata>, before <report_id>.

In addition, couldn't we add there also a <reporting_software> or similar element to write the name+version of the software that collected and formatted the data? The <discovery_method> probably depends on that, but possibly also on local system configuration.

Best