On Thu 06/Apr/2023 00:54:15 +0200 Seth Blank wrote:
I don't feel strongly about N=10, but I do feel strongly that N=5 is insufficient. My gut feel is that 6 or 7 is likely more than enough to cover all real world examples, but it's a gut feel only and not backed by data.

IMHO we could rewrite the algorithm in terms of N (instead of 5) and N-1 (instead of 4), and then say that N=5 is the value we currently consider good but recommend to make it configurable. Or we could leave the text as is (if it's easier to understand it that way) and just recommend to not hardcode "5" and "4".

Best