If you meant "external ESPs are applying DMARC per spec according to
RFC7489 6.6.2 step #5" that would be more accurate.

The prescribed method is, "If *one or more of the Authenticated
Identifiers* align with the RFC5322.From domain, the message is considered
to pass the DMARC mechanism check."

No ESP I'm aware of evaluates a DMARC failure result if *any* of the
authentication methods produces a failure. That is definitely not expected
behavior.

Do you have examples of any ESPs that deviate from this?

- Mark Alley