> On Apr 18, 2023, at 12:24 PM, Alessandro Vesely <ves...@tana.it> wrote:
>
> What's the point of wearing an atps record if it's not called out in a DKIM
> signature?  (I wouldn't have tested it anyway).

Alessandro, you are already doing the DNS call for DMARC.  Hitch a ride!! You
can check for atps=y or asl= for 3rd party authorization.

> What's the point of ARC-sealing a message which is not arrived from an
> external ADMD?

I have no idea and I think ARC is a waste of time. Way too much overhead.  Not
a good idea to pursue this has a long term solution.  I rather not.

> I'm rather happy with the amount of gibberish I currently get.  For this
> Benny's message it was:

>  spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=ietf.org;
>  dkim=pass reason="transformed" header.d=junc.eu;
>  dkim=pass (whitelisted) header.d=ietf.org
>    header.b=yiVUz1hG (ietf1);
>  dkim=pass (whitelisted) header.d=ietf.org
>    header.b=yiVUz1hG (ietf1);
>  arc=fail (1 set(s)) smtp.remote-ip=50.223.129.194

So your verifier see Benny’s as suspicious because of arc=fail?

Benny is telling the world “ietf.org <http://ietf.org/> is authorize to resign
on my behalf” via DNS.  No headers required.  No delayed learning necessary.

What more is needed?