On Wed, Apr 26, 2023, at 6:21 AM, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> On April 26, 2023 8:08:39 AM UTC, Alessandro Vesely <ves...@tana.it> wrote:
> >On Tue 25/Apr/2023 20:27:18 +0200 Scott Kitterman wrote:
> >> My recollection is that a general formulation that I proposed had at least
> >> some traction out of both groups:

> >> Leaving aside (for now) the question of what goes into [some appropriate
> >> description] and with the assumption that there will be some non-normative
> >> discussion to amplify whatever that is and probably give some indication
> >> about
> >> what domains might do to not be one of those domains, is there anyone who
> >> just
> >> can't live with that formulation of the situation?
> >

> >Me, for one.  Because more than 98% of domains are going to fall into the
> >description, however we word it, that statement makes the whole I-D
> >nonsensical.  Cannot we just tell the problem without MUSTard?
> >
> >In any case, using the complement of [some appropriate description] is
> >certainly easier.  For example:
> >
> >    Forcing authentication into Internet mail by publishing restrictive DMARC
> >    policies breaks some well established patterns of usage.  Publishing such
> >    policies is thus RECOMMENDED only for domains [in this other appropriate
> >    description].
> >
> Thanks.
>
> I understand your objection to be that the proposed description of the
> interoperability problems would apply to too many domains, regardless of the
> modifier we might use.  Is that correct?

I have a similar concern. Any domain owner with size or complexity or users
(who will do what they wanna do) will easily find their domain in a mixed-use
state, and (ironically) the only management/governance tool at the domain
owner's disposal to prevent future unintended use of the domain, in favor of
subdomains, is to publish p=quarantine|reject (throwing the baby out with the
bathwater)

Jesse