> On Nov 8, 2023, at 8:46 AM, John R. Levine <jo...@iecc.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 6 Nov 2023, Douglas Foster wrote:
>> Since IETF cannot protect its own lists from conspicuous impersonation, it
>> seems poorly qualified to tell anyone else how to do so.
>
> Actually, that message had nothing whatsoever to do with impersonation, and
> everything to do with an obscure configuration error in my mail system.
>
> Leaping to conclusions is rarely helpful.
>
> Regards,
> John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
> Dummies",
> Please consider the environment before reading this e-mail. https://jl.ly

I’m not consistent lurking but I get the feeling there’s one more large issue
that’s a big blocker. The only is a talk at least on zoom not email, where both
gentlemen do the honor of earnestly steal maning the other argument then from
there refute the best case not the straw man version that’s human nature.
Everyone else listen with an open mind and get to rough consensus. The steal
man method should settle this. It’s easier than dialing.