Sergio,

>>> As Seil wrote, the problem which this ticket intends to reflect is that of
>>> non-optimal routing as a result of not being able to request a non-anchored
>>> (or local) source IP address.
>> A non-anchored (local) address is called Nomadic IP Address.
>> If the app needs one such address, then it can ask one and get one.
>> API already supports that.
> SF: You are right. But I didn't mean a Nomadic IP address, but a Sustained IP
> address assigned by the current network. So, a description closer to what I
> meant would be:
> "...this ticket intends to reflect is that of non-optimal routing as a result
> of not being able to request a Sustained IP address assigned by the local
> network".

OK, this I understand!
But I understood this not from the ticket text but from the solution.
Hence I've been extremely suffering trying to connect the solution back to the
ticket definition :-(

OK, if Seil also agrees with this, I hope you guys go back and clean up the
ticket, so everyone can understand this the same way.
Meanwhile, we can seek input from the WG members on the "issue" first (and then
the solution).

Alper

> Best regards,
> Sérgio
>
>>> This might be a problem in any scenario where new Sustained IP addresses
>>> are not assigned by default at the new network. The intention of the flag
>>> is not to request a new prefix, but to assure a source address associated
>>> to a local network is used. Which, in cases where it is not available,
>>> leads to the configuration of a new one.
>>>
>> Alper
>>

>>> Best regards,
>>> Sergio
>>>

>>> 2, rue Paul Vaillant-Couturier