Hi,

I finally had a chance to sit back and think about the scaling properties of
AERO,
and I think it is within reason for each AERO link to service O(10^9) Clients.
Here
is what I wrote in the latest AERO draft version:

   "Scaling properties of the AERO routing system are therefore limited
   by the number of BGP routes that can be carried by Relays.  Assuming
   O(10^6) as a maximum number of BGP routes, this means that at most
   O(10^6) Clients can be serviced by Relays within a single BGP
   instance.  A means of increasing scaling would be to assign a
   different set of Relays for each set of ASPs, and still have each
   Server peer with each Relay but with a distinct BGP instance for each
   Relay set.  Another possibility would be for Servers to institute
   route filters within a single BGP instance so that each set of Relays
   only receives BGP updates for the ASPs they aggregate.

   Assuming up to O(10^3) sets of Relays, scaling can then accommodate
   O(10^9) Clients with no additional overhead for Servers and Relays.
   In this way, each set of Relays services a specific set of ASPs that
   they advertise to peers outside of the AERO link, and each Server
   configures ASP-specific routes that list the correct set of Relays as
   next hops."

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-aerolink/

Comments?

Thanks - Fred