Dear folks,

A new revision of SRv6 Mobile User Plane draft has been submitted to IETF.

I’d present brief summary of the updates, but the agenda seems already full so
that it is uncertain I can do that.

So let me share the summary of update on the -01 version here.

A Big progress is that the draft supports interworking with GTP over IPv6 in
addition to GTP over IPv4.
And we have made change SRv6 function to IPv6 encapsulation with SRH instead of
SRH insertion by default.

Another changes have been made. 5G architecture in 3GPP is shown as a reference
architecture, as the discussion on the list many people ask SRv6 applicability
for 5G. As the result, many terminologies are aligned based on the reference.

You can see many improvements in terms of readability, especially on packet
flow explanations. I hope that many of us understand how SRv6 works for the
deployment cases described in the draft.

Pablo has contributed those significant part of progresses and improvements.
He's now onboard as a co-author of the draft.

Best regards,
--satoru