On 3/26/18, 5:16 PM, "Tom Herbert" <t...@quantonium.net> wrote:

>> With regards to SR encapsulation: "this is using IP-in-IP as default.
>> Why not using UDP encapsulation?"

I am really hoping we will be able to apply SRH insertion without the need
for IP encapsulation. At least for mobile environments within a closed
administrative domains, there should be exceptions for allowing insertion
of SRH by a on-path node. I realize there are issues with ICMP error
messages hitting the source etc, but we should be able to document those
issues and specify work arounds. I understand there have been discussions
on this topic before, but I hope authors will find some agreements for the
same.

Sri
<with no chair hat>