On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 9:39 AM, Marco Liebsch <marco.lieb...@neclab.eu> wrote:
> Tom, Behcet, I think TEID may still be needed in some cases, e.g. for mapping
> to a radio bearer
> or to avoid superfluous packet classification if it has been done on the
> packet's path beforehand
> already.
>
> IMO, for non-encapsulation protocols, overloading of id-loc space seems
> interesting if the attribute
> cannot be carried in extensions. What about encoding QoS class/flow IDs in
> that space as well ;-) ?

Marco,

Yes, there is a lot of opportunity to encode different things in
addresses. The giantic address space of IPv6 almost begs us to do
that! :-) The amount of data is limited, so it's unlikely that we can
encapsulate all of the GTP-U extension headers. But with some careful
planning, we could probably encode the critical information that is
most common for fast data path. Address encoding is critical to ILA
and is what can eliminate the overhead of encapsulation for a fast,
low latency, data path.

Tom