Hi Jude.

Your 4 points are expliciting very clearly, I think, what mean DOTADIW, or simply Unix principles. I think that these principles, plus the decision method you give - always favor a Unix-wise solution when there is - make a good and simple policy. I think what people on this list want in their OS is softwares which comply to both GPL *and* Unix requirements.

    Hi John,

When I wrote anti-freedom, I considered a stricter definition of freedom than GPL, beyond free access to the source and gratuitous redistribution, including e.g. the absence of technical lock-in. I won't argue about words though; it wouldn't be constructive. One way to prevent the corruption mechanism you describe is to spell out what you say we didn't: that "we are building a POSIX/UNIX/GNU sort of thing".

    Didier