Nate Did you read the devs name?

"According to Ivan Gotyaovich"

link to distrowatch

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20150330#community

On 03/30/2015 07:25 AM, Nate Bargmann wrote:
Is this really happening?

Now it appears as though the systemd developers have found a solution
to kernel compatibility problems and a way to extend their philosophy
of placing all key operating system components in one
repository. According to Ivan Gotyaovich, one of the developers
working on systemd, the project intends to maintain its own fork of
the Linux kernel. "There are problems, problems in collaboration,
problems with compatibility across versions. Forking the kernel gives
us control over these issues, gives us control over almost all key
parts of the stack."
http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20150330#community

Our proximity to April 1 makes me wonder, but still...

While there are several quotes in the article from one Ivan Gotyaovich,
I don't see any links to said quotes which leaves me a bit skeptical of
the veracity of the article.  However, the link to GitHub looks very
much like a kernel source tree, but I'm not certain that it is an
official repository.

Before anyone takes this too seriously a bit more research needs to be
done as we are very close to the date that an elaborate ruse is
plausible, at least for us in the USA.

- Nate