Hi all,

After the recent discussions, I'd like to point out that packages
aren't the ONLY path to alternate inits. I've personally demonstrated
that with SucklessInit+daemontoolsEncore, SucklessInit+s6, runit, and
Epoch, it's quite doable to download, build, and install these things in
parallel to each other.

I fully endorse the effort to put alternative inits in packages. It
would be wonderful to have, for instance, an Epoch package that "just
works". I also endorse those individuals who go the out-of-package
route.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2015 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key