Le 02/01/2016 03:25, Steve Litt a écrit :
Everything you say above

    Sorry Steve if I overlooked your post.

Debian has a tradition to do more in the initramfs than loading modules. They use to prepare some tmpfs filesystems before mounting the rootfs. If they now cast their initramfs for systemd, it renders it unavoidable. I think it just means that Devuan should provide its own initramfs, as minimal as possible.

Providing a alternate kernel with built-in AHCI (thanks Rainer), the scsi subsystem, md RAID driver, and a few filesystems, without initramfs would fit the needs of many end users. People running servers have the skills to compile their own kernel if they aren't happy with initramfs.

    Didier