On 02/29/2016 04:41 PM, Edward Bartolo wrote:
Hi,

Hello, Edward! =)

Like, I assume many, on this mailing list, know what to do when they
opt not to install the default window manager or desktop. However, I
think, XFCE is a good choice, although on my T4400 2GB computer it
tends to be rather heavy.

Yes, perhaps so. I just suggested XFCE because it would likely serve for most. In the case of your netbook, perhaps IceWM would be a better choice.

Window managers are attractive with respect
to low resource use, but they are unattractive with respect to user
configuration unless somebody in Devuan decides to write a script or
an executable to automate user configuration of the most popular
window managers. The latter is a job I don't know as I have never
configured a window manager.
I'd be happy to lend you a hand, just drop me a note at my address.

My eyes, although perfectly healthy, are
quite dictatorial to me. I need good readability and small fonts are
out of question to me as they cause too much eye fatigue. I also need
to have control of display brightness as average brightness is too
insense for me.

I think, window manager user configuration more or less rests on these tasks:
a) configure some menu structure to access user programs
That's covered by any manager supported by menu-xdg.
b) configure a keyboard structure to access user programs
Most wms support keyboard macros.  It varies by manager.
c) configure wallpaper and screen saver
xscreensaver can be used with virtually any manager.
d) adjust font sizes and screen brightness
Have you ever tried using the xrandr command to adjust the brightness of X11 display? It may help you, by giving you the ability to adjust the display regardless of the manager you chose. Font control is specific to whatever manager you decide to use.

Please  feel welcome to email me if you need more information.