Le 12/03/2016 14:30, aitor_czr a écrit :
Hi all,

On 02/20/2016 06:03 PM, Didier Kryn wrote:
Le 19/02/2016 17:27, aitor_czr a écrit :
Hi Didier,

El 19/02/16 16:00, Didier Kryn escribió:

Everything but fs compiles and links both dynamically or statically and both with glibc or musl. This is very satisfactory.

    With  'make -C fs' , I have a compilation error:

/home/kryn/Applications/vdev-plus/include/fskit/common.h:63:20: fatal error: iostream: No such file or directory

    however such a file exists in the include tree of gcc.

I'm not used to include files without a .h extension. Is it a C++ feature?

Did you try including <fskit/common.h> instead of <common.h> in the headers?

Cheers,

  Aitor.

"fskit/common.h" *is* the file which is included, and it is found. But this file itself includes <iostream>. I found iostream somewhere in C++ system headers; therefore I would expect the C++ compiler to find it automatically. I suspect some trick is necessary to help the C compiler find it also. But, as I wrote, I've no experience in C++ and mixing C and C++. I tried to include <iostream> with its whole path, but it just displaces the problem.

I'm compiling against a version of fskit I built in may 2015 and it might be obsolete. I might try to download the latest version.

Anyway vdev proper doesn't depend on this special filesystem, so that this is a minor problem and isn't at all a blocker for vdev deployment. For me the primary problem is the failure to create disk devices. There might be other problems but the log is very verbose and I better wait until Jude is available to analyse it.

The compilation is going well and I'm convinced that the problems are caused by details. It might be that they are related to the way I've configured or invoked vdevd, or the way I've laid out the files. Therefore, if you are willing to debianize the package, I think you could start now.

Vdev in the initramfs is absolutely not critical. Busybox comes with its own mdev hotplugger, which doesn't depend on dbus or systemd, and there is no need for the hotplugger to be the same in the initramfs and the final system. Actually I think it would make sense to use mdev inside the initramfs, this way initramfs would be independant of the choice of hotplugger for the final system -- to be discussed. My efforts with Busybox are rather meant for tiny OSes based on Busybox and musl.

    Cheers.
Didier

I will focus on vdev.

Where is the latest git repository?

  Aitor.

    Following Jude's instruction:

 https://git.devuan.org/pkgs-utopia-substitution/vdev/blob/master/how-to-test.md
Also available at https://github.com/jcnelson/vdev/blob/master/how-to-test.md

    Ready to help - with my limited skills :-)

    Didier