On 2016-04-18 17:11, Daniel Reurich wrote:
What do we (the DNG people) want for ascii ?

My list starts as this:
* full init freedom, that is, all init methods being equally supported
(sysv, upstart, systemd) and nothing depending on any of them.
Nope - systemd will never be supported it's impossible due to it's design.

* our own bug reporting system
yes please

* a method for dividing Devuan in "cases" or "eggs" that do not
interfere with each other. E.g. the KDE egg, the LibreOffice egg, the
multimedia egg... maybe tasks with steroids?
there could be some improvements to the dependency chains to be had,
but overall I think this is unworkable.

* a rock-solid server platform for all architectures
We already have this ;-)

* a sufficiently solid desktop and laptop platform for most usual
architectures
This requires more work - but should be acheiveable by ascii

* Long Term Support for server whit a method for fast updating certain
packages (like virus lists)
This is pretty much already there. What we need is a security team with
sufficient resources to be able to patch long standing bugs in debian.
Updated virus lists?? Linux doesn't get virus's...

What do YOU want for ascii ?

To show Lennart that he's so fundamentally wrong with systemd and his
god complex attitude to software development.

+ 1 on everything ...
--
Stop slacking you lazy bum!