Daniel Reurich wrote:
> We now have jessie-security and ascii-security repositories available on
> our mirrors

Great news! Yesterday I took the opportunity to switch my
personal system from debian-jessie / sysvinit to
devuan-jessie. It went perfectly. With such a smooth
transition, I think many other will be following these
well-greased rails! Curious if the repository server keeps
statistics, or if there is some other way to gauge
devuan's popularity.

> deb http(s)://<CC|auto>.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie-security main
> [contrib] [non-free]

https didn't work on my system. When I went to install
apt-transport-https, I got the warning:

WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  apt-transport-https

Was able to resolve it by converting sources.list
from packages.devuan.org to auto.mirror.devuan.org.

Thanks to all, for your heroic work.

Joel

> If you've installed from the beta image the security repo stanza should
> already be in your /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> Thanks go to Franco (nextime) Lanza for the big push in working with me
> to get this up and running.

> Regards,
>       Daniel.
>
> On 30/04/16 23:03, dev1fanboy wrote:
> > You'll get updates from time to time when the debian main repo gets
> > updated. Best to wait for devuan security mirror instead of trying to use
> > the debian mirror, as you can end up with packages that use systemd that
> > way.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > chillfan
> >
> > On Saturday, April 30, 2016 8:00 AM, Herb Garcia <h...@campgarcia.com>
> > wrote:
> >> Um. Then what source is recommended for security updates?
> >>
> >> Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid

> >> Don't use security.devuan.org: it doesn't exist.
> >>
> >> The correct entry is:
> >>
> >> deb http://packages.devuan.org/merged jessie-security main
> >>
> >> or with https if you use apt-transport-https.
> >>
> >> But it's not active yet.  It's not recommended to use
> >> security.debian.org at this point.  Hang on...
> >>
> >> ==
> >> hk
> >>
> >> --
> >>  _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
> >> (_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/
>

> --
> Daniel Reurich
> Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.
> 021 797 722

Joel Roth