On 03/05/16 17:24, Didier Kryn wrote:
Le 03/05/2016 08:51, Mitt Green a écrit :
The current init system is old. Ancient.
We should all agree on it. Devuan is looking
for a new init system that is not systemd and my
personal choice for this task from now on is
Gentoo's OpenRC.
‎
Unix is old. Ancient. We should all agree on it.
Devuan is looking for a new base system that
is not Unix and my personal choice for this
task from now is Microsoft's Windows.

     Debian-potato was systemd-free. OK it's old now, but still less
than Unix. Why not still use it? No need for Devuan.

I am still using it in several locations, but for net connected systems security updates are nice.