Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2016 17:16:29 +0100
From: Mark Clarkson <mark.clark...@smorg.co.uk>
To: coreut...@gnu.org
Subject: ls output changed !!

Hi,
This change nearly gave me a heart attack - do you want that on your
conscience? hmm?

Now we'll have to wait months after you change it back for the change
to make it back into Fedora.

I really can't believe someone would make a change like this to a core
utility - I was stunned. For a brief moment I thought I'd been hacked.
Please don't do stuff like that without saying first. I mean it should
really be coded into the boot loader, yep, put it in grub so you can't
even start the OS without out typing, 'I understand that ls output has
changed and it will be shocking'.

Please put it back ASAP. Thank you.

Cheers!
Mark Clarkson

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Success usually occurs in private. Failure, in public.