> On August 9, 2016 at 1:52 PM Rick Moen <r...@linuxmafia.com> wrote:
>
>   GRUB is a capable and flexible bootloader, but practically all of the
>   reasons commonly cited for it being preferable to LILO boil down to "I
>   once messed with my boot files before reading LILO documentation, shot
>   myself in the foot, and therefore blame LILO."

Of course, it is difficult to shoot yourself in the foot with GRUB ...
</sarcasm>

I have a machine in that state right now, and rather than try to debug it at
the Grub prompt, I am just going to reinstall the system.  My data is all in
another partition, so it is really the easiest way to proceed.

Peter Olson