On 2017-03-13 09:06, Dave Turner wrote:
On 13/03/17 13:35, Hendrik Boom wrote:

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 08:25:25AM +0000, KatolaZ wrote:

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 07:10:00PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:

I have found two browser-related devuan packages that have surf in
their names.

surf
netsurf

Is either of them relted to the surf you are documenting?

Hi Hendrik,

you should use the package "surf". The default version in jessie is
0.6, but I would warmly suggest you to get the 0.7, e.g. from
jessie-backports.

Just noticed
 surf --version
doesn't work.

But aptitude indeed does tell me I'm using 0.6.

Looking at backports. Now have surf 0.7.

With the backports lines in /etc/apt/sources.list, will everything
automatically
get upgraded to the backports version if I do
 aptitude update
 aptitude upgrade
? I don't see anything in /etc/apt to stop this. I'd like to be able
to have some
control over which packages I get from backports.

Or am I better off from a security perspective to always get backports
updates for
everything?

-- hendrik

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ ~.,_ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ - GLUGCT -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ "+. katolaz [at] freaknet.org --- katolaz [at] yahoo.it ]

 Hendrik,
 When you use backports all packages in backports are de-activated.
 You have to explicitly install the package you want.

sudo apt-get -t jessie-backports install "package"

 So don't be afraid to add
 deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian [4] jessie-backports main
 into your sources.list

 and have a look at
 https://backports.debian.org/Instructions/ [5]
 to set your mind at rest.

 DaveT

Perhaps not the best advice . . . Has this issue been fixed yet? If not you'll have to do the pinning manually.

https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=479

golinux