New release of the Manjaro OpenRC Xfce ISO.
As a reference this is from my second most favorite distro and it is
current/recent.
I believe up until 16.*** the transition from systemd to openrc was viable and
documented. Since then most efforts result in breaking everything, so they
have managed to produce OpenRC isos. Like it is a virus, the further the cow-web
evolves the harder it is to sterilize.

New release of the Manjaro OpenRC Xfce ISO.
Packages include:
Linux 4.9.34
OpenRC 0.26.3
Eudev 3.2.2
Elogind 229.6
Main changes:
Includes newer version of the Calamares which fixes a bug that generated weak
password hashes (link).
This build experiments with a hybrid ALSA Pulseaudio setup in which PulseAudio
uses the ALSA dmix backend (link11) and is configured to start only when an
application uses/needs it. For people who do not want it it should be easy to
remove with pacman -Rs pulseaudio pavucontrol, while for people who have
trouble with plain ALSA but pulse works for them out of the box can enable it
by default adding PulseAudio to startup (Settings -> Session and Startup ->
Start Pulseaudio sound server), and reverting the changes done
to/etc/pulse/default.conf (link11).
Firefox has replaced Palemoon. Since version 54 Firefox seems smoother and more
responsive than before (on real hardware, in virtualbox it seems slower) due to
multi process rendering; for older, less powerful systems or if you just prefer
it, Palemoon can be installed with pacman -S palemoon-bin like it was in the
previous version of the ISO.
Download:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/manjaro-openrc-dev/files/17.0.2/24
Possible issues:
The mute key on the keyboard (generating a XF86AudioMute event) or mute
shortcut on the volumeicon may not work correctly in this hybrid ALSA pulse
system; as a workaround it have included a script mute-unmute-audio (in
/usr/local/bin) which may work.
If the script works a keybind can be added for it (also let me know so that if
a large number of people experience this issue it can be used by default).
Relevant link here.
P.S.
Let me know if the hybrid ALSA PulseAudio system works or we should switch to
something else.