Den 2017-08-15 kl. 08:45, skrev Erik Christiansen:
Finding Devuan, and subscribing last night, I'm keen to replace my
Debian 9.0 "Systemdix"ยน, even at the cost of reverting to older
packages. But I don't much like Gnome either, and have become quite used
to LXDE - especially the boot speed of the leaner environment.

So the question is as put in the subject line. The answer might also fit
in the category "what does Devuan have to offer", perhaps.

I am running Devuan with LXDE upgraded from Debian jessie and the upgrade was flawless. I behaves and looks the same apart from not automagically mounting USB drives (which I have choosen to live with for the moment). Post upgrade had a bit more work to really get systemd and its dependencies removed which included reinstall of some packages and guiding apt a bit to pick better dependencies (if I recall it right).
A basically just followed the upgrade instruction on devuan.org.
//PG