I installed golang-1.7 and could not find golang's main executable "go".
Did not know how to set the main envvironment variables "GOROOT" and
"GOPATH".

Uninstalled it, and installed golang, and that executable was readily
found.   But that's version 1.3.3, which is likely quite obsolete
considering how fast the go language aand libraries are being
developed at the moment.

Debian jessie doesn't seem to have a golang-1.7, so I'm guessing
it's our package (or maybe a backport).  But "go" is the main
executable for the go language go,  so I wonder how to go about using
it.

-- hendrik