On 2017-09-20 21:47, John Franklin wrote:
On Sep 20, 2017, at 4:25 PM, goli...@dyne.org wrote:

On 2017-09-20 15:09, zap wrote:
The phase “depends on systemd” is being used in two extreme contexts here. The first is a technical context, where “apt-get install <package>” fails because of a dependency, and may be trivially fixed with different build options. The second is “fundamentally and irreparably depends on systemd.” For example, Network Manager can be built by removing two systemd dependencies from the debian/control file. It clearly falls in the first category.
[Citation required.] What else “depends on systemd”?
jf
I would actually like network manager to have its garbage systemd
dependencies removed.

It's already been done

Not in Ascii.

http://bugs.devuan.org/db/13/133.html

Just verified this is still the case.

jf

Maybe the jessie version will work in ASCII? I have sometimes used pkgs from the prior release.

golinux