Rowland Penny writes:
Please stop being obtuse, You know very well what I meant.

I do indeed, and I think you're wrong. Devuan has taken a no-systemd decision, that's all. That isn't a promise from anyone to provide alternatives in any other question, or to make alternative packages. Not even an implicit promise.

Devuan has
to make some decision for you, but you accept them by accepting
Devuan.

I accept them, sure.

What Devuan doesn't force on you are things like, what GUI to
use (or force you to use one), sudo, su or anything like this. More
importantly, it doesn't force systemd on you.

As far as I can tell, the decision is "devian policy's is devuan's, except ABSOLUTELY NO SYSTEMD".

Arnt