Hello,
        as the Librem 5 Linux-native smartphone met it's crowdfunding goal, I
might receive one more than a year away.  Numbers are not stellar (3.232
backers offered $1,764,283 to let it reach production), but I think are
significant.  Of course I'd love to have my own run Devuan, for obvious
reasons (to us at least).
  I never tried installing Devuan on an ARM SoC, but I can see there is such a
port: https://devuan.org/os/ does list an "ARM sd" image.
  I don't know how different the i.MX 8 CPU is from other ARM chips, I wonder
if someone more ARM-savvy than I has an idea what the likely pitfalls will
be (the bootloader?). I understand it's still too early to know if presently
available images are easily ported to new hardware, mostly because the
Librem 5 hardware layout is not yet finalized and it's like a moving target.
I would like anyway to be able to let them know there are people interested in
letting Devuan run on that phone, and if possible convince them to take their
design decisions with that in mind. What do the Devuan ARM guys think would
the best design decisions they should take to make a Devuan install image be
ready as soon as possible when that phone begins shipment?
  I know Devuan is in chronically short of manpower to undertake more
projects, but I would love to let it be known Devuan will be a Linux
distro that can be installed on the first linux-specific smartphone, having
it listed as a shipment option would be just great to further gain
visibility.  It surely would be a pity that they did not take an easy choice
that would have eased porting Devuan to the Librem 5 just because no one
from the Devuan community ever talked to them.

--
Alessandro Selli http://alessandro.route-add.net
VOIP SIP: dhatarat...@ekiga.net