Hi,

Testing on my workstation + some servers: it works like a charm, thank you for your effort in improving our distro!

Alberto

On 20/10/17 22:47, goli...@dyne.org wrote:
Dear dev1rs,

We are happy to announce that 'amprolla3', the rewrite of nextime's
amprolla by parazyd and Wizzup, is finally up and running and ready
to be tested.

The code can be found at:

https://git.devuan.org/devuan-infrastructure/amprolla3

The rewrite increases the frequency of merges (now performed
every few minutes, rather than once a day), meaning that new packages,
updates, and upgrades will be available almost immediately to Devuan
users.

We have set up a second host which will serve Devuan packages as
merged by the new amprolla3. It is now available at
pkgmaster.devuan.org and currently serves Devuan Jessie, Devuan Ascii,
and Devuan Ceres, including all the *-security and *-updates sections.
The host, pkgmaster.devuan.org, also supports https.

If you want to help testing the new amprolla3, you just need to:

- replace "auto.mirror.devuan.org" with "pkgmaster.devuan.org" in
  your /etc/apt/sources.list
- # apt-get update
- # apt-get install devuan-keyring

Then just use it as you did with auto.mirror.devuan.org. Please
report any bugs on https://bugs.devuan.org, as usual.

The current auto.mirror.devuan.org host remains up and running and
perfectly usable. Once the testing of amprolla3 is complete, the
transition to the new system should be seamless and transparent to
all users.

The new amprolla3 also provides support for the currently missing
Contents*.gz files (solving the apt-file bug). The feature will be
made available in the coming couple of days.

The Dev1Devs